SERVICES Product Sales & Purchases
Product Sales & Purchases
We know that business is essentially built on (1) sales and (2) more sales.
We take pride in advising our clients on and drafting those crucial contracts for the sale of products or services. We also prepare form Terms and Conditions (or "Ts&Cs") of sale, the printed forms that accompany sales when individual contracts are not used.
The key issue from a legal perspective in sales agreements and Ts&Cs is allocation of risk. A client who thinks that it is obtaining a good price for its products may lose its margin if it does not limit its liability arising out of the sale.
We gladly help with the nuts and bolts of your company's business, and are priced so that you can afford to retain us to do so.
We negotiate and draft for our clients the following contracts, among others, necessary for a business's day-to-day operations:
- Supplier Agreements and Ts&Cs of purchase. The flip side of Sales Agreements and Ts&Cs of sale, these need to assure the purchaser that it is getting what it is paying for.
- Distribution Agreements. Sales of products to a distributor, who typically takes title and then resells to end-users.
- Sales Agency Agreements. Sales of products to a sales agent, who typically serves as the company's agent for a commission without taking title to the products itself.
- OEM Agreements. When your customer intends to incorporate your product into its own before reselling the integrated product, this is an appropriate type of agreement.
- VAR Agreements. These are used when your customer intends to add something to your product (for example an application) before reselling it.