Our Firm Team
Karim Medjad is Professor of Law at H.E.C Paris, the most prestigious Business School in France. There, he teaches, inter alia, necessary law for entrepreneurs in the school's much sought after entrepreneur's program, Challenge Plus!
In addition to his academic activities, he is an attorney at law with 15 years of professional experience.
Karim has provided legal advisory services to international donors, including the World Bank and the European Union, governments, and the private sector.
In addition to WTO accession, his advisory services focus on the creation of a legislative and regulatory framework for private sector development, in the contexts of:
- privatisation of state-owned enterprises
- development of Small to Medium Enterprises
- removal of impediments to trade
- partnership with firms from other EU countries
- drafting company laws and commercial regulation to permit and favor development of an entrepreneurial environment
His international legal experience extends to over 30 countries on the five continents in areas ranging from venture capital transactions and joint ventures to project financing and legislative reforms.
Karim has an LL.M degree from Harvard Law School and earned his Ph.D. in Economics at the University of Paris, Pantheon-Sorbonne.
Karim's representative client matters have included:
- a British mining company involved in joint-ventures in Central and Eastern Europe
- a French insurance company setting up a worldwide network
- a Canadian manufacturer acquiring a number of privatized enterprises in Russia
- a French software company setting up subsidiaries in the U.S
- a Spanish biotech company setting up a joint-venture with a US NASDAQ-quoted company
- a Canadian mining company involved in a number of joint-ventures in Central America and Africa
- a French software company setting up a joint venture with two U.S blue chip corporations
- a French bank setting up a venture capital fund in Lebanon